Acne is a specific skin disease that is characterised by pimples on the skin. Mostly, it happens due to inflamed sebaceous glands. Acne is very common among teenagers and adolescents. When you suffer from acne, you need to consult a skin care specialist without giving it a second thought. If you are reluctant to visit a doctor, you can also visit a beauty salon in Portsmouth for the treatment. Whatever your choice, there are certain dos and don’ts of acne treatment that you should follow.
- Wash your skin at least twice a day: It’s important to keep your skin when you get acne scars. Select a wash with active ingredients to clean the skin. You can also go with gentle cleansers without active ingredients. Many salon experts recommend using an exfoliating cleanser to remove dead skin cells.
- Moisturise: In most cases, oily skin is the main culprit of acne. If you have oily skin, you have to moisturise it. It may sound counterintuitive, but keeping your skin hydrated is necessary for acne treatment. However, you should select a moisturiser that is oil-free and won’t clog pores.
- Use sun protection: When you have acne, you can’t let your skin get exposed to sunlight. Sunlight will act as an irritant for your skin. For this reason, it’s always advisable to use sunscreen while going out in broad daylight. At the same time, you must also check which sunscreens will have a calming effect on your skin.
- Visit a salon: If you want the best results, visit a reputed salon that provides acne treatment. Here, the professionals have extensive experience and profound knowledge of acne treatment methods. They implement acne treatment procedures according to your skin type.
- Don’t over-exfoliate: Exfoliating your skin is a healthy option, but over-exfoliating isn’t. Over-exfoliation can worsen your skin irritation and make the skin deficient in natural oils.
- Don’t pick at the pimples: Most of us have a tendency to pick at the pimples. It’s not a good choice. If you pop the pimples, the healing time will increase. This approach also enhances the risk of scarring.
- Don’t use certain products: Some skin care products may not suit your skin. Always consult a professional before choosing such items.
The Beauty Clinic offers diverse skin care treatments at competitive prices. Our salon experts have years of experience in dealing with various skin conditions. We are the best beauty salon in Portsmouth for obvious reasons. So, why think? Get in touch with our professionals if you want glowing skin or aim to treat certain skin conditions.